Manufacturer Representative - Account Manager
Oak Lawn, IL
Profit sharing, 401K / Retirement plan, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Contractor Sales Specialist. The Contractor Sales Specialist calls on contractors, builders, architects, HOA’s, etc., in promotion of TAMKO products in the East St. Louis/ Belleville, Illinois area. This person will work with other members of the TAMKO Sales Team such as Residential/Commercial Managers, Decking Managers and will report to the District Manager of TAMKO's Chicago South District.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Compiling lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from ad inquiries, trade shows, direct mail responses, card deck leads, aged leads, bingos, dealer resellers, business directories, web sites and other sources.
• Making outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products and services.
• Handling inbound sales lead calls and convert calls into sales.
• Overcoming technical and business objections of prospective customers.
• Emphasizing salable features, quoting prices/credit terms and preparing sales orders for orders obtained.
• Estimating date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
• Coordinating customer training.
• Building and maintaining customer relationships.
• Preparing reports of business transactions.
• Entering new customer data and other sales data for current customers into database.
• Working with outside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
• Helping Territory Managers with displays.
• Traveling to and attending trade shows.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from 4 year college or university, or 1-2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and internet software.
• Must be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Frequently stand and walk.
• Sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
To perform this job successfully you must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.